Do you ever feel like all the effort you put into planning and packing for a vacation leaves you a different kind of exhausted? Would you rather set off on a trip that promises much more relaxation yet is also a beloved vacation destination such as Cancún? Of course, you would, but where can you find such a place?
The El Dorado Royale, a Karisma spa resort, is a casual luxury vacation destination in Cancún for adults celebrating their honeymoon or any special occasion. The resort features two spas, 478 suites, six swimming pools, 13 restaurants, and 10 bars.
If you’re thinking that a stay at the El Dorado Royale sounds right for you and your spouse or partner, then we recommend you keep reading. In this extensive, detailed guide, we’ll walk you through all the features, suites, amenities, and activities to enjoy during your stay at the El Dorado Royale.
What Is the El Dorado Royale?
The El Dorado Royale is a Karisma Hotels & Resorts property, meaning it’s part of a series of gourmet inclusive paradise vacation destinations across Mexico. The El Dorado Royale Karisma spa resort is located in gorgeous Cancún, situated precisely where you can witness the breathtaking beauty of natural Cancún beaches that are untouched by man.
This adults-only resort has received the AAA Four Diamond Award consistently since 2007, which is a major honor. Other accolades include being first on the list of the Top 100 Hotels in the World as determined by Conde Nast Traveler as well as a slew of other awards for the resort’s beauty and amenities.
If you’ve recently gotten married or you want to treat your partner or spouse to an amazing vacation, the El Dorado Royale spa resort by Karisma is it. Once you get a babysitter for the kids, you can jet off this striking slice of paradise right on the beach. You might even want to get married here, as it’s the perfect spot for a wedding.
After you arrive, you’ll find it’s quite easy to reach other inclusive destinations around Cancún. These include downtown Cancún, which you’re only about 35 minutes away from if you head south. You can practically walk to Puerto Morelos if you wanted, as it’s five minutes south of your hotel.
If you’re a golf aficionado, then you can play at two stunning locations close to the El Dorado Royale resort. The first is the Playacar Golf Club, which takes about 25 minutes to reach from the resort. The Mayakoba championship golf course, a famed location, is about 10 minutes from you.
Heading out north for about 15 minutes will put you in nearby Playa del Carmen, where you can party and play the day away. You can also reach the Cancún International Airport in about 25 minutes from the dream-like El Dorado Royale resort, as it’s in the heart of the Riviera Maya. Being so close to the airport means your travel plans will be a breeze!
The El Dorado Royale is located on KM 45, Carretera Cancún – Tulum, Riviera Maya, Q. Roo C.P. 77710, Mexico. To contact the hotel, you can fax them at 52-998-8728031 or call 52-998-8728030.
What Are the Suites Like at the El Dorado Royale?
You have nearly 500 suite options at your disposal at the luxurious El Dorado Royale, a Karisma spa resort. These suites are divided into seven different suite categories. No matter which suite most calls your name, each one includes the following accommodations:
- Daily access to a coffeemaker and stocked minibar
- Requestable hammocks
- Terrace access with two chairs and a table
- Weight scale
- Ironing board and iron
- Cable TV
- Safety deposit box
- Alarm clock with radio
- Night table
- Ceiling fan
- Air conditioning
- Hot tub perfect for two people
- Separate toilets
- Marble bathrooms
Let’s explore in more detail the seven suites available when you check into paradise at the El Dorado Royale.
Luxury Jr. Suite
The Luxury Jr. Suite is 599 square feet or 55.65 square meters, making it great for up to three guests. These suites were recently renovated to make them a top lodging option for your stay at this luxury spa Karisma resort. The furniture that decorates the suite is all a luxurious and authentic Mexican dark wood.
Select from two queen-sized beds or one king-sized bed. The bathroom boasts a double sink, hot tub access, and a contemporary style that will set the mood for romance.
Swim up Jr. Suite
Stroll through a tropical garden or head to the lazy river from the convenience of your terrace when you stay at the Swim up Jr. Suite. This suite for three guests is a cozy 590 square feet or 54.81 square meters.
Like the Luxury Jr. Suite, the Swim up Jr. Suite has also been renovated to act as a fantastic backdrop for your vacation. You can easily get to the El Dorado Royale’s natural salt pool or swimming pool from your suite.
You may choose from two queen-sized beds or one king-sized bed for your room and lavish in the bathroom with its double sinks, hot tub, and contemporary design. You can reach the Swim up Jr. Suites from villas 1 through 5 and villas 40 through 44.
Beachfront Junior Suite
Wake up each morning at the El Dorado Royale with the beach in sight when you book a room at one of the Beachfront Junior Suites for two guests. It’ll be romantically close quarters for you and your partner, as each suite is 590 square feet or 54.81 square meters.
You also get the beautiful dark wooden furniture, access to a king-sized bed, and the contemporary-styled bathroom with double sinks, a hot tub, and other elegant features during your stay here.
Made for relaxation, the Royale Suite for two is 590 square feet or 54.81 square meters. All the amenities and décor are positioned for your comfort. You can sleep cozily in one king-sized bed and appreciate the dark Mexican wooden furniture as you stay. You’ll find the Royal Suites near villas 51 to 55 on the resort’s second and third floors.
If you’re a member of Karisma’s Vacation Club, then you unlock even more amenities than the average guest when you stay at the El Dorado Royale’s Royal Suite.
Royal Swim up Suite
Beach bums should strongly consider rooming at the Royal Swim up Suite, which has room for two. This suite is 590 square feet or 54.81 square meters. You can get right to the lazy river from your room. At night, sleep in a spacious king-sized bed and start and end your day in the contemporary-designed bathroom with a hot tub and two sinks.
You can reach the Royal Swim up Suite from villas 51 to 55 when on the ground floor. If you’re part of the Vacation Club, you can also take advantage of more amenities.
Connoisseur Two Bedroom Suite
The most luxurious and spacious suite of them all at the El Dorado Royale is the Connoisseur Two Bedroom Suite. This suite is an amazingly large 3,584.50 square feet or 333 square meters, which makes it perfect for accommodating up to six guests.
A stay at this suite grants you butler access, who can offer extra services such as scheduling dinners in your suite. Outside of the suite is a private patio with a hot tub, a hammock, chaise lounges, and swimming pool access.
Within the hotel, you’ll marvel at the full dining room and living room, marble bathrooms, a master bedroom, and several guest bedrooms replete with Italian linens on the beds.
When staying at any of the luxury spa suites at the El Dorado Royale by Karisma, the daily check-in time is 3 p.m. and the daily checkout time is 12 p.m.
What Kind of Food and Drink Options Do You Have at the El Dorado Royale Resort?
You’ll have no shortage of food and beverage options when you and your partner stay at the El Dorado Royale. With 13 restaurants and 10 bars to choose from, no matter which type of contemporary cuisine is the most appealing to you on any given day or night, you can surely get it here.
The gourmet inclusive restaurants are as follows:
- D’Italia Casitas: This Italian restaurant on the beachfront features international chefs whipping up your favorite Italian dishes but with a fresh spin. The restaurant requires a reservation and is open from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. for dinner.
- Kampai: Get a taste of the Pacific Rim at Kampai, which also includes a sushi menu. You’ll love the decorative atmosphere here with its oriental stylings and Buddha statues. Lunch runs from 12:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. and dinner is from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Santa Fe Grill: This Mexican/American fusion restaurant serves oven-cooked meals and promises to be one of the best places to view the sunsets at the El Dorado Royale. The Santa Fe Grill serves breakfast from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. and dinner from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- D’Italia Villas: Another great spot to stop for fine Italian dining is D’Italia Villas. Their a la carte dinners are served from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Fuentes: The culinary theatre at Fuentes lets you drink in avant-garde art with an amazing meal prepared in an open kitchen. Both your sommelier and your chef will get in on the performance fun, making the experience of dining here almost as good as the food. Fuentes requires a reservation and has an entrée fee of $10. The restaurant allows for one daily sitting with a cocktail at 7 p.m. and a show with dinner at 7:30 p.m.
- Rincon Mexicano: The traditional flavors of Mexico meld at Rincon Mexicano. Whether you want to sample Mexican street food or eat a more upscale meal, both are possible here. Rincon Mexicano is open from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. for dinner.
- Jojo’s: Enjoy all the freshly-caught seaside flavors Mexico has to offer at Jojo’s, a Caribbean grill with ocean views. Lunch is from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and dinner is from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Spot: The exciting international food display that is Spot is great for grabbing breakfast or lunch. Breakfast is served from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. Lunch begins at noon until 3 p.m.
- La Isla: The open-air palapa at La Isla makes for a lovely start to your day as you nosh on international cuisine breakfasts here. The hours are 7 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Cocotal: All sorts of international culinary delights are on the menu at Cocotal. You definitely don’t want to miss the restaurant’s bread either, which is home-baked and comes out steaming, soft, and delicious. Breakfast at Cocotal starts at 6:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. and then the a la carte gourmet dinner is from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
When eating at any of these gourmet inclusive restaurants, six people are allowed per table. It’s also recommended you follow what the El Dorado Royale refers to as a casual elegant dress code. Men should wear dress sandals or casual shoes, collared shirts, and long pants or formal Bermuda shorts. For the women, stick to dress sandals or shoes, long pants or skirts, Capri pants, or dresses.
You can also check out the following gourmet corners during your time at Karisma’s El Dorado Royale:
- Kick: Get rid of your shoes at Kick, a midday grill with Mexican meals and plenty of alcohol. Lunch begins at noon until 3 p.m.
- La Cabana Pizzeria: Yes, that’s right, you can get pizza at the El Dorado Royale at the La Cabana Pizzeria. All pizzas are baked in a wood-burning oven. Come on by from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Health Bar: Start your day off right with a smoothie, whole-wheat sandwich, or fruit juice. The health bar is open from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Fancy a drink? Here are some must-visit bars on the grounds of the El Dorado Royale:
- Bellini’s Bar: The contemporary lounge Bellini’s is open from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Gaviotas Seashore Bar: Head to Kampai and you can’t miss Gaviotas Seashore Bar. The drinks start pouring from 9 a.m. until 11 p.m.
- Bar Guacamayas: In a swinging chair onsite of the bar, you can enjoy aged tequila, cocktails, cheladas, or cold Mexican beer while listening to live music. The bar is open from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Martinis Lobby Bar: This martini bar promises a great variety of worldwide premium vodkas from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Tucanes Swim up Bar: Swim on up to get a drink at Tucanes from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Swim up Bar Fuentes: Fuentes’ swim up bar is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Swim up Bar La Isla: La Isla’s swim up bar is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Jojo’s Beach Bar: Drink in the ocean and some alcohol at Jojo’s Beach Bar. The hours are 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
What Are the Spas Like at the El Dorado Royale?
Given that the El Dorado Royale by Karisma is a luxury spa resort, you should expect high-quality spa offerings, and that’s just what you’ll get. You have your choice between the Naay Spa Casitas or the Naay Spa Royale. Here is an overview of both.
Naay Spa Casitas
The Naay Spa Casitas is 20,000 square feet with Mexican theming. Here, you can receive an assortment of spa treatments and therapies such as manicures, facials, body wraps, scrubs, and special treatments. You can also use the showers, the steam room, the sauna, and a water journey pool. A full-service salon is also on the grounds of the Naay Spa Casitas.
One Temazcal ritual you may be interested in is the Delicious Chocolate therapy, which uses real chocolate in the form of cocoa butter to renew and nourish the skin. The Naay Spa Casitas is also an event space, bridal suite, and boutique spa shop.
Naay Spa Royale
The Naay Spa Royale in the heart of the resort property includes a steam room, sauna, and a fitness room. If you’d rather relax for the day, you can schedule a body treatment or spend some time in the beauty salon.
If you’d like to treat your partner to the most amazing vacation the two of you have ever experienced, the El Dorado Royale by Karisma is what you’re looking for. This exclusive adults-only luxury spa resort has more than 450 suites, dozens of restaurants and bars, and two spas for a vacation that’s as relaxing and rejuvenating for the body as it is for the soul.